Tuesday, May 6, 2008

from the art

William Cordova, "Wholesellers, Retailers & Bullshitters" (detail), 2005. Ink, graphite, gold leaf on paper.

It's been a while since I last mentioned the ICA, and how much fun I have there, but here's another great time to broach the subject once again: Street Level presents recent work by three promising artists whose works draw directly from street culture: Mark Bradford (Los Angeles), William Cordova (Lima, Miami, New York) and Robin Rhode (Cape Town, Johannesburg, Berlin). And it's up through October 19. Guess what? It's still May. But don't think, well hey, I have time, because I always do that, and then frick, it's November and you've wasted a perfectly good art exhibit. Again.


Robin Rhode, Still from "Untitled, Harvest," 2005. Digital animation.

So, you heard it here first. I've made a solemn vow (ooh, I might regret this!) to go to the ICA. so there. and have a great tuesday.


Mark Bradford, "Spinning Man" (detail), 2007. Mixed media collage on canvas.

1 comment:

K.N.M. said...

This looks cool.