Sunday, September 14, 2008

ode to the t


by m.
it's been more than a year now since we moved from the mecca of motorists, (otherwise known as the midwest), to boston... and i still love the T. i heard from all the other bostonites that after 6 mos. i'd be done with the crowded, rank-aired, delayed, 'another-train-is-behind-us' hoopla, but i'm not. and it tisn't just because of gas prices, or the stress of the commute, or that i get home in the same amount of time regardless of the weather (hello snowstorm of december '07! 20 minutes! in my pj's while everyone else is still in their cars for another four hours!)... it's actually because riding in the car hurts my ass. i must have had a callous or something from my early years driving every. where. but, heading to rockport this past weekend gave me butt burn, and a crick in my back.

so anyway, thanks, T, for saving me bodily pain. even if you are annoying sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it, too!

kim said...

good to know!